A bright future for aspiring young women make a move and join the armed forces as Short Service Commissioned (SSC) officer in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) 2016.
Applications are invited from female candidates who have passed MSc (Nursing) / PB B Sc (Nursing) /B Sc (Nursing) for grant of SSC in the Military Nursing Service.
Nationality – open for Indian nationals only.
Qualification & Registration:
- Applicant must have passed MSc (Nursing) /PB B Sc (Nursing)/ B Sc(Nursing) from INC recognized University and be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council
- The applicant will be required to bring original and self-attested copies of mark-sheet, passing certificate and valid State Registration certificate at the time of interview.
- Date of Birth – must be in between 02 Aug 1981 and 03 Aug 1995 (Both days included).
- Physical Fitness: Medical fitness will be evaluated as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done. The physical fitness of selected candidates will finally be determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS. Candidates pregnant at the time of medical examination and joining for commission will be rejected being temporarily medically unfit.
Method of Selection:
- Written test
- Interview and medical examination:
Marital status: applicant can be Single or Married or Divorcee or otherwise legally separated or Widow.
- Successful candidates will be selected for grant of SSC in the MNS will be liable to serve for 5 years extendable to a total tenure of 14 (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force).
- No request will be entertained on choice of posting through any means in the Ist 5 years of service
- On completion of the pre-commissioning formalities, the candidates will be granted the rank of Lieutenant with the monthly Basic Pay of Rs 15,600 + Grade Pay Rs 5,400/- + Military Service Pay- Rs 4,200/- + DA and other Allowance as per prevailing rates.
- Entitled ration, accommodation and allied facilities will also be offered
How to apply:
- The online application will be hosted on the web page of www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The candidates must keep soft copy of passport size photograph (size 3.5 X 3.5 cms) taken in the light background in jpeg format and file of scanned copy (jpeg/pdf format) of signature of the candidates ready, before filling online application.
- These files have to be attached to the online application, hence are necessary. File size should be between 5 Kb-20Kb.
- The eligible candidates will only be able to pay an amount of Rs 200/- through payment gateway from the system for making the payment.
- The candidate must affix her self-attested photo on the printout/copy of the saved application and acknowledgement and sign the application.
The selection of the candidates for SSC in MNS will be subject to producing the following self-attested documents at the time of interview:-
- Matriculation Certificate/School Leaving Certificate (indicating DOB)
- Valid registration certificate of upgraded PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing course.
- PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing certificate & mark-lists.
- NCC Certificate (if any)
- Character Certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Proof of Indian Nationality (Nationality/Domicile certificate/Voter ID/Aadhar Card/ Passport/any other proof)
- NOC from the present employer (if employed).
- One self-addressed envelope with Rs 40/- postal stamp for speed-post (of call letters if selected).
- Copy of release order if previously served in Military Nursing Service
- In case of change of name, copy of Gazette Notification/any other authority clearly highlighting your new name
Integrated Headquarters of MoD(Army), AG’s Branch,
Dte Gen of Medical Services(Army)/DGMS-4B, Room No. 45,
‘L’ Block , New Delhi-01,
Tele no 011-23092294
LAST DATE: 3 August 2016
For Further Details: Click